Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School 2008



Elle and Drew looked so old to me!!! I can't believe they are both gone all day til 3!! Drew even brought a lunch that he made to school! They were so excited. Elle says she wasn't but you could tell she was as giddy as the rest. They loaded up their backpacks with all the new supplies and made their lunches at night. Elle carefully planned which shoes to wear-- since you can't wear open toed shoes to school. She couldn't decide if she should wear her "side bangs" down or up. She wouldn't dream of letting me help her with her hair. She couldn't decide which backpack would match her outfit either. Quite the fashionista! Drew collected all the box tops he could find and kept asking when they needed to go to bed last night. He was so excited. He met his teacher last Friday and came home and went directly to his homework. He says he is most excited to have more than one recess. I can't wait to see them walking home together. We walked in the morning with the neighbors and Rob got to come along for the fun. Isaac starts preschool on Sept 3rd. He has been doing so good lately with soccer and primary etc. He talked so much at the reunion I thought we had a different kid!

And look at Kate's new trick~ she folds her arms and softly mumbles whenever we say prayers~ SO CUTE! They are all growing too fast!
Now it's time to clean and to Garden. Look what I picked! I love this time of year---- yummy!

6 comments:

Matt 'n Erin said...

Does Elle's jacket come in Maternity sizes?

So excited to see you guys next week!

Jinjer said...

I can't believe how big your kids are, either. They are so cute.

Kasey said...

Your kids do look so big! They are adorable. Elle's jacket is the cutest thing ever!

Kasey said...

They do look so big! Elle's jacket is the cutest thing ever. They are both adorable!

Amanda said...

Looks like your kids jumped out of some fashion magazine! They look like models! Wow! Yay for back to school!

Erickson Family said...

I love the first week of school! It is so fun to dress them in their new clothes and see what they choose to wear and do with their hair. I can't believe how grown up they all are either! FUN TIMES!