And then we had Kate... I can't believe she is already 9 months old and crawling around with her 2 bottom teeth! I was induced with Kate too. I had the best pregnancy with her, they all have been easy, but with my age (30) I was freaked that I would not get my body back so I was bound and determined to exercise everyday, which I did. :) I was told numerous times to take it easy, by grandparents and especially my Dad. My neighbors too thought I was crazy pushing 2 kids in a stroller up hill and carrying this big belly around. I was even more motivated by all the comments. I know this is why my recovery was so fast and easy with her.
I had my fav doctor Lawrence with Kate without knowing if she would be covered by our lovely insurance (that Rob sells). At 8 months we were told no coverage so I wanted a female doc like her that would induce me and not silly stuff. After calling around and asking if I could even be a patient of other doctors I was told NO! I would have had to deliver at Mt Timp hospital too which was too new for me and I had not heard many great things about it. So never fear, I went to Salt Lake to St. Marks Hospital and had a little young Asian Doctor. I was induced and everything went as planned. I checked in at 7 in the morning and for some reason we thought we would have her at 12 and she wasn't coming. The doctor checked me and Kate was posterior. I was panicking, the doc said everything would be alright and we would just wait and she would just slowly come out. I was pushing and pushing and the doctor was trying to turn her and she would come and then flip back. One of the nurses said that when she worked with a midwife the used the towel pull method. So, I held on tight to one end of a towel and she was on the other and I pulled and pulled twice and out came Kate! Sunny side up!! This was the first time I used the mirrors too, whoa! Not sure I wanted to see that but it was amazing. Kate had huge bruises on her nose and forehead but the went away in the first two hours. We sat there holding her on a cold wet rainy June day.
I was starving and asked for food and it took them forever to bring it! Rob ran and got some and then by the time they brought me lunch the dinner came too. That's ok I ate it all!!! :) She was born around 2 in the afternoon and weighed oz. I got some stiches but I was up walking around the next day,and back to aerobics 1 week later! The kids came up to SLC to see her and they were so excited, Becky Rob's sis came too it was fun being in our own hideaway. Rob was a trooper and slept both nights in the chair by me, Kate had a hard time latching on and made a loud noise when sucking, I was sore for a long time. I didn't give up though! Although she was nursed the shortest amount of time; at 9 months I was entered to run a race in Moab and would be gone for 3 days. I tried to pump but I would not let down so I decided to quit before that trip and the same week Kate got her first tooth! No regrets :)
No comments:
Post a Comment