Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Story

How our Family came to be
This is a little about us. The Sautter's. Rob and Crystal were Married May 1st, 1998. In the Salt Lake Temple in SLC Utah. We were married one week after Rob graduated from BYU in Business. We moved to Mesa, Arizona soon after. Lived there for a year by Rob's Uncle Craig and Aunt Judy Olson. My Uncle David and Aunt Deana live there too. We had lots of fun being newlyweds and going to all the indoor sites there. Running at 10 o'clock at night to escape the heat was not going to cut it for me very long though. I remember crunching cockroaches on the sidewalks too! Ewwww!

So Rob got a job in Oregon, we loaded up the Uhaul and drove to Oregon and for a Valentines present we announced to everyone that we were expecting the first grandchild on both sides of the family! Elle was due Sept 30th! We lived with Rob's parents, Steve and Judy, in Scappoose, for awhile when we finally found a house to buy. We were a couple of days from closing, when we decided it wasn't right. Something wasn't feeling right. 2 weeks later Rob's boss called him in and told him they didn't need a HR rep anymore!! So with that and all the rain and aches and pains of pregnancy living in Judy's house with 10 daycare kids and 5 of her own living there, I was fine about moving again even though I was 8 months pregnant! We loaded up the Uhaul again and moved back to Utah in August of 99. We were driving the same day that SLC had it's first tornado!

We got an apartment on State Street in Orem. Loved the ward there and made lots of friends! Jessica and Jared Balser had lots of memories with us and our first kids. On September 30th 1999 Elle Mckay Sautter was born! I will make a separate entry all about her birth later... We lived in that new dark green carpet and white cupboard apartment until just after Christmas when we bought Scott and Erica Brenay's (Erica is my first cousin) condo. We moved in with Elle and began our adjustment with Rob starting a new job at a Recruiting Company in Orem. We were situated right behind and to the left of the Post Office in Orem. I immediately new we would love it there when we went to church and I ran in to my friend and hair dresser KJ and her Husband Will Erickson!

We lived there for almost 2 years and then Rob was intrigued by an offer from his good friend and college buddy Jeff Scott. Jeff worked for Great West and insurance company in Colorado!! Another move! I was only 6 months pregnant this time when we moved to Englewood, Colorado- just outside of Denver. An 8 hour beautiful drive away from home was no big deal, we adored it in Denver! So much to do!! Our first boy Andrew James Sautter was born there on November 8th 2001! We were planning on living there for awhile while Rob worked on opening up SLC for his company. We enjoyed frequent "company trips" with Rob back to Utah, staying in our favorite hotels and eating all the waffles they had along the way! Our kids favorite was the rental cars. They were beginning to think that was part of a vacation, new car, free food hotel pools, ahh what a life!

Then Christmas rolled around and we were to take Elle to the Nutcracker with Rob's Boss and his girls. We went out to eat and he dropped the exciting bomb that Rob could go and open himself an office in Utah and we could move as soon as we wanted!!!!!!!!! I new this meant a house!!! Yeah!!! I wasn't ready to move at all! I loved it there, my friends Kasey and Matt Henry, Jennifer and Justin, Jamie and Zach, and of course Jeff and Jacquie. There were more since we had no family there and relied on everyone so much! The climate and the mountains were just like Utah and we loved it. Housing was so expensive there though. So if we moved to Utah we could get into a house faster, and all I wanted was a yard!! That Christmas was a memorable one surprising my family and looking for a house all in one! So once again we packed up the Uhaul and moved it all out to Utah. I had to be pregnant, hmmm let's see I was with Isaac, that was 2002 when we moved into our house in January and Isaac wasn't born til May 04! FEWWWW! I wasn't~ :)

It is now 2008 and we have lived here longer than anywhere and we are so glad for that!!!! Isaac was born after we painted the kitchen, living room and both the kids rooms! I was nesting bad. We also rushed to finish the basement after we moved in, I miscarried while that project was going on. Luckily nothing serious, my third miscarriage though. We were blessed to have Isaac Steven Sautter, May 22, 2004. The kids love going to Grovecrest Elementary and Doing Karate, Ballet, Dance, and gymnastics here close by too! The neighborhood pools are great and close in the summer for swim lessons and the hills make it nice for me to get a workout pushing the double stroller with a kid strapped to me in the backpack! LOL We are right up against the Mountains so hiking is a plus here too!!! We just had Kate Olivia in June on the 6th 2007. So the 6 of us have settled in and we love life!
Rob is a broker in insurance instead of the salesman. He is also doing real estate too and loving being his own boss. He has done "great" at Great West and I certainly have loved the trips he has earned to Cabo San Lucas Mexico, DisneyWorld Florida, and Hawaii!!! He better be earning some more of those! Nothing is like staying at a 5 star resort and being waited on all day for FREE!! LOL I'm a sucker for free!
We now have the day to day life in Pleasant Grove, Utah. 10 Minutes from my Mom and Dad and from Rob's sister Becky. My 2 Brothers; Micheal and his wife Amanda with 3 kids Emma, Sophia, and Ian live in Provo and Matthew and his wife Jen with 3 girls Traci, Natalie and Emily live in Orem. We love it here!

No comments: