Tuesday, March 31, 2009

!! COSTA RICA !!

If there was one image I would want to ingrain in my mind forever it would be this one above :)

In the airplane, on the way to Costa Rica!

Rob spent 2 years there on his mission and went back to visit for 3 weeks with some friends 10 years ago. We've been wanting to go for the longest time! Thus a ton of pictures... beware!

The first resort was amazing!!! Such detail to everything We woke up and had a full buffet of local fresh fruit and foods
Our friends... Doug, Blake, Sissy and Kris -- no windows-- so cool
No windows, amazing view from the hotel lobby. We were up so high, the volcano was right behind us.
Papaya trees everywhere Iguana Lizards Gorgeous flowers
This is the gym there, the view was crazy! I loved it. I would have ran outside but there were no marked trails and there are too many critters :)
a moth--HUGE!
Our first hike to a waterfall where you could swim
View from the top of it
The Volcano-- Arenal
After a homemade Costa Rican meal we four wheeled it up to the top of a Mountain to get ready to repel down 5 waterfalls!!!
Nice gear- it wasn't cold but this was to block some of the water and wind from the waterfalls
This was the funnest thing we did the whole trip!What a rush! 150 feet down
Right in the waterfall! see the guy?
That night we took some other friends and "dared" eat in the city. We totally wanted to and these other people were scared to death! So funny! The food everywhere was soooo good!
On the way to the beach resort we stopped at this market with the garden behind it.
We also stopped by a river and saw these from the top of the bridge! Alligators over 7 feet long they said. There were tons of them. Someone in our group threw raw chicken down to them! It was cool to watch them snap at it.
We made it to the beach!!!! This is by Jaco, in front of our resort.
That night again, we walked into the little town and ate at Christy's. This was the most authentic place (except the name :) ), Rob said. It was hot and muggy, with lizards all over the lights and tv snatching at the bugs. So yummy! Fish, chayote (like green squash), rice and beans, and cabbage salad with a cross between a lemon and an orange-yum!
Gettin ready for a little Zip Line! (honey, did you have someting to dink?You look tipsy)
One of 25! Half way through we were able to stop and jump in a waterfall to cool off. It was sunny and 80-85 most of the time, by the beach it felt like 90 in the sun, Niiiiice. Here I come! Your hand was your brake in back-- I didn't use mine that much :)
The fences there are just sticks shoved into the ground, it is so fertile that they just start to grow into a new tree!
This fruit was super sweet and the seeds were tart-- Granidia
We chowed, the food was so good everywhere. Every breakfast they have eggs, rice and beans--that waffle was an American pastry type-not normal there-with homemade chocolate, caramel sauce, strawberries and real whip cream soo good! Dancers that came into the restaurant at the resort
View from hotel lobby--Marriott

Yachts by the resort The reason why I was never a model--maybe if I shrink it it wont look so big? -too many waffles. Hey atleast I didn't get sun on my face.
Sippin a fresh Coconut, they drill a hole into it and give you a straw Room Service-- I finally got my Oatmeal :)
Playing Cards one night
Cutey
Hubba Hubba!!!--He's gonna kill me--
This picture--Just for laughs, We did plenty of reading The town of Jaco-got some yummy ice cream stick here.
Our serious faces
awwwe the last day, before we left for the plane :(Rob's fav fruit drink-- this was the fruit Guanabana. Paid some waiter to go home and get one, tastes like a cross between a banana and apple--really sweet
All week long we heard it was cold and windy, this is what we came home to... and I had flip flops on still!!! But the best was this...
Kate was running in place and I couldn't hold her long enough she wanted Daddy!!!! We checked the others out of school and enjoyed the rest of the day swapping stories about while we were gone. I wonder who had more fun??? We missed all the kids a ton. Can't wait to take them there, Someday...

7 comments:

Owen said...

Helloooooo??? Super, crazy jealous of that fun trip!! Looks sooo fun!!

Jinjer said...

Looks like a blast. I am so glad you got to do that together. It's awesome you tried all the local food.

Andrea said...

Looks so Fun! Next time lets go together! Nice coming home to the beautiful weather in Utah

Jaime said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!

Erickson Family said...

You are so beautiful! Will has mentioned a couple of times that he'd like to go back to Ecuador. After seeing your pics, I think it'd be kind of fun!
btw, did you like The Host? That was the book you were reading, right? I LOVED it! I super-duper hope they make it into a movie!!

Kasey said...

Lucky you! Looks amazing!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

What a great trip for you guys!!! I love the pics--so beautiful. It was fun to see you the other day at Women's conf.! We seriously need to get together again soon.