Amazing, can I say anything more? Here is our "family" on the Trek. We had 4 girls and 4 boys. That is Rob on the Left, than me, Preston,Hannah,Kaylani,Steven, Kylie,Hayden, Jen, and Aaron. 8 wonderful kids ages 14-18. It was a blast. So so so hard, but if it isn't hard it isn't worth it right?
Here is how we slept, The boys outside on the tarp and the girls in a tent.
This is the last day in Wellsville, getting ready to do the parade
This was our baby Skittles--"skit" for short. She got sick on the trail but had a "blessing" and was healed, we had to carry her everywhere!
The second day after they hiked us all night 'til 1 and got us up at 6 to go, they told us we would be crossing 2 rivers. The first one we went through in our tennis shoes and then the next one they let us change. We went up a small canyon and there we had a devotional where our Stake Pres was Brigham Young and was talking to us when all of the sudden these men dressed as the mob with real shot guns and pistols came out shooting and yelling at us. The spirit was so strong as we watched them yelling at us and challenging our beliefs. They even shot at each other and had fake blood come out. They rummaged through our handcarts and stole our stuff, but they let us go if we went back down the way we came.
Then after we got down the hill and had lunch they had a devotional about Mary Fielding Smith. She is the one that had to cross the plains alone without her husband. She was the one who never gave up and her oxen got sick on the side of the trail she prayed that they would get up and they did. Cool story... Anyhow there is more to it but they told us that the Men were being called off to help build the Temple and go find granite. They took all the men and left us there, and challenged us to pull the handcarts to camp ourselves. Well this woman's pull was the hardest thing I have done in my life-besides childbirth- Me and Kaylani were practically the only ones who could pull. It was so hard! We went straight up a mountain with no trail! Sagebrush everywhere scratching our legs and huge boulders to push the handcart and all our stuff in it over! The men were taken to the top of the mountain and told about how to respect women and always be a gentlemen. Then they were told that their Ma's and sisters were pushing up that hill and they were to wait and watch. They didn't!! --they came running down to help, a lot of them were crying-- I was-- that taught me the biggest lesson. I thought I was tough. I needed their help so bad, It was neat.These are the hilarious boys in our ward. James and Preston. This is at the American Heritage Ranch in Logan. We did 4 hours of Service here the first day. There are so many stories that I could share but I will just say overall it was one of the neatest, physically, mentally and spiritually demanding things I have ever done. I loved it. I loved seeing Rob interact with all the youth. Like 50 times a day I would hear What's up Bro. Sautter! They loved him. He was so upbeat the whole time, I even heard him singing Merry Poppins and Little Mermaid while we were treking. He led the discussions at night about the plan of salvation, the atonement, priesthood and trials, and being the best you can be. I have an awesome husband. I think everyone should try to be involved in one way or another with a Youth Trek. There is so much to learn and it's so amazing to witness.
7 comments:
That sounds so amazing. I would love to do one of those. What a great way to build your testimony and realize how strong our church is. What great pictures too :)
Crystal that is awesome. I always wanted to do a trek when I was in YW - that's so cool that you got a chance to do it! It's fun to see how your family is doing... your kids are just absolutely beautiful!
Sounds incredible, Crystal. Glad you made it and it was such a neat experience.
look like you had such an awesome time! too much fun!
It sounded amazing!!! Glad you made it through, it sounds like Rob had a great time too. Can you believe that the next trek Raegan will be able to go on, Crazy huh?!
This brought me to tears! I sincerely hope that I get to have an experience like this one day! I have so much respect for our ancestors, I couldn't imagine having to "walk in their shoes". AMAZING!
Crazy! Looks very hot and sweaty! You and Rob are real troopers to go do that with the youth! Congratulations on the completion of the Trek!
Post a Comment