Sunday, July 6, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

Here is Hailey, Camille, me center, Jaime and Chelsey the YCL's
Yes, that is right I went to camp again! I think this is my 9th or 10th time going to girls camp in all my years!!! I love it!!!! Although this year it was dawning on me that it really is a sacrifice not only on my behalf but for my Father and Mother, my kids, my neighbors and friends, my wonderful Sis-in law Becky and MOST OF ALL my loving Husband Rob! Thank you to them so much or I never would have been able to go.

I have no sisters so this is one way of feeling the love and support us gals have for each other, not to mention such a huge testimony builder and strengthener. That giddy sweet fun feeling always returns the moment I step out of the car into camp. We were able to go to Heber Valley Girls Camp again. Pres. Hinkley dedicated the Heber Valley for the Young Women, the spirit is so strong there, it is called the Temple in the woods. I did the Rope Challenge course, and the Canoe lake time this time the leaders were able to participate! We went on a 6 mile hike and it took us 5 hours!!! We had to wait for all the girls a lot! So fun! The Zip line was still scary and yet sooo fun! I didn't sleep a wink! There were 36 girls this year and 7 leaders and 2 helpers. All those girls and can you believe it no one fought! We didn't have one fight or blow out or "drama" the whole week!!!! Our girls are amazing. Today was testimony meeting and the girls just shined through and shared our amazing time with the ward. We had a "Lehi's vision walk" holding on to the iron rod while being blind folded and tempted by the leaders and even the Bishop. Lots of neat experiences were had that will stick with me forever. If the girls let go they had to repent to the bishop and then were taken back to the rod at the same place they let go and able to continue. But my fav part was something called stump sitting, where the girls went out in the trees and read their scriptures. What an amazing sight to see the young women scattered across the mountain side reading their scriptures! I enjoyed being outside so much and having that piece and quiet time to read and ponder the Book of Mormon.

I have so many close friends with these girls and I will hate to leave them when I am released. When I see the girls come into beehives I think they look so sweet and innocent and the light is shining in them so strong. But, when they graduate and move on I can't believe how the light has grown and how they have become even more beautiful! I see a little bit of Elle in them and I am excited for her to grow in the gospel and learn about her own divine nature.

Rob was awesome while I was gone, apparently the kids had neighbors over for lunch, went and saw Wallie with their cousin, slept out in the back yard in the tent, and the house was immaculate! What a guy! I love 'em! I can't wait to go on the Trek with him in about 10 days from today! To watch him with the youth makes me smile. He is a terrific person and the kids love him-- who couldn't he is so stinkin' cool!




Here is My friend Annie and some girls on the 5 hour hike
MORE Pictures coming soon....

2 comments:

Jinjer said...

That sounds like so much fun, Crystal. I am a bit jealous. I haven't had a chance to work with the youth yet. Hopefully some day. You would be such a fun leader. Hearing your stories hearkens me back to the good old days at camp Shalom.

Erickson Family said...

Good ol' Vernon! I totally remember that year we went with you. I was preg with Brinlee, but I don't think I knew it yet. Or was she a baby? I can't remember...LOL I need to get on the stick and post our pictures. It's so hard not having my own computer with good net access.