Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hiking the G

We hiked the G on Saturday! It was..... well HOT! LONG! but Beautiful scenery!!! If you look real close you can see the Timpanogos Temple in the middle kind of! Our poor kids were so good, we got lost! There are a hundred trails up there and we knew where it was so we just started up, and up and up and up!!! We got up pretty high and all the sudden the trail ended and it was to steep to go any further! We had to stop and Rob went ahead and tried to find the trail. There was a barbed wire fence and we figured we weren't on the right trail. So we turned around determined to find that G, it's so big how could we miss it! We headed down and we saw some other people on a trail so we hurried over to that one and had to go back up again and YES we found it! All in all the about 3 hour trip (LOL) to the G was worth it but I think we will find better trails to hit next time! The kids are funny though they keep pointing to it and saying the were allllllllll the way up there!! lol


Kate was a trooper! She zonked half way into it! :)

3 comments:

Erickson Family said...

You are and your darling family....you and all your hikes and activities to the museum! I love it! so inspiring.... =D

Cassie and Chad said...

You will have to point us the way, I'd love to hike to the G. Cute pictures!!!

Jinjer said...

Ok, didn't we hike that back in college? I swear I remember it being hard back then, but I am a wimp. You, Rob, and your kids are awesome!