
What a busy day! k this is long... I did not sit down from 6:30 am til I had to put the kids in bed! As I am sure all my Mom's out there did too. It was Robs day and I was running ragged to try not to let him have to take care of the kids or cook or clean or anything! :) (Thanks Tiger Woods for the entertainment) First of all I did not get any sleep the night before, we went out to a BBQ with some friends and then Rob and I went and hit some balls. (golf balls!) It was fun. Isaac was up all night and I was stressed all night because I had to teach 30 Miamaids and Teachers the next day in church. I wasn't going to ask Rob to help, but c'mon the lesson was on missionary work!!! So I just asked him to talk 5-10 min. Of course I had to do a handout/treat it was a really cute idea, M&M's "missionary moments"-- anyhow I went all over and no one had fun size packs of m&m's so I had to wrap m&m's all night with a bow! Then that next morning after Isaac got in our bed I was up and making Rob breakfast in bed, wrapping presents, getting the kids ready and cleaning and getting dinner ready for later. I was sweating buckets in our overheated, hot, air conditioner is way to small for our house, fabulous home. :) Plus I had to make a cake for Father's Day and Cupcakes for the kids later at grandma's we celebrated Kate's and Emily's first bdays with the fam. It was fun, and all worth it.
So right before my lesson I was in YW and holding Kate and I felt this wet thing on my lap where she was sitting, I held her up and right when I did all this pee started showering my lap!!! All the girls where laughing with me and I raced out to find a diaper! (this is right when I was supposed to start the lesson) Then the first counselor comes up to me and grabs my arm and says "Do you need a break?" "Are you burnt out of Young Women's?" WHAT!!!!!!! why are you asking me this right now? I felt like the rug had been pulled out from under me! Yeah I would love a change but in 2 weeks it's girls camp and the 2 weeks from that is the Trek!! and all this work on this lesson etc. whatever, he is weird, he did ask me if I wanted a change before girls camp too and I was like, what! I have done a lot of work and I love camp----but all I said was "You know I will do whatever the Lord wants." LOL!!!! Strange
So with all the pee on me I started the lesson and once I started talking things went great-- I really do love working with the youth. Our ward is amazing and these kids do such good things and are so involved! And they aren't geeks either, lots of cheerleaders and student body officers and basketball, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse players in our group of over 100 youth!!! Rob did an awesome job too, thanks hun! That was one of the first times (that I remember) teaching like that together. He is kinda funny and smart. Who knew. :)
Anyways, I hope Rob and my Dad had a great Father's Day. You know I have 2 of the greatest Father's in my life they are my best friends! I've always been a Daddy's girl. Thanks Dad for taking me to football games in the snow, hikes in the dark, camping, swimming in the Colorado River, walks with the dogs and watching sunsets from our roof. I had a great childhood!
Here is our typical Sunday at Gma Otis'. Popcorn and ping pong Sundays, look at the kids climb all over that Grandpa Cliff!
3 comments:
You are such a good wife. I tried not letting Will do anything, but I am just so miserably huge right now that I can't lift Tatum and she's been sick, so she just wants to be held 24/7. I guess there's always next year! LOL
Hellooooo???? You sound very, very busy!! The pee in the lap thing is hilarious!! Looks like Father's Day was a hit and your hike up to the G looked refreshing! Kate asleep is too cute!
Happy father's day Rob!!! Crystal I am so sorry about the Pee on your lap...Ew Gross! That was strange of the 2nd counselor to quiz you like that...hmmm I wonder what's on his mind for you?
Post a Comment