Thursday, October 7, 2010

2 Beautiful Broken Arms

Elle and Kate broke both their right arms!! 
 Kate fell off the bed and all day was crying about her arm, she then fell off the sidewalk and was screaming!!! I made an appt to take her to get x-rayed and five minute before I was leaving to go to the doc. I get this call from the school...  "Your daughter Elle is here and is crying and can't stop, she fell playing soccer and hurt her arm really bad!"
 So we showed up with 2 to get x-rays and come to find out they were both broke! Kate had broken her ulna and radius, so it is possible she broke it two diff times!! She was a stinker getting the x-ray! I have never heard her yell so loud and deep! The x-ray tech (who was in our ward, my friend Ashley) offered her a sucker and Kate growled back at her "I don't want your SUCKER!!!!!"
 Eventhough they weren't casted til the next day, they were troopers, went to school and kate was even coloring and telling her teacher her arm was all better- wrapped in an ace bandage! Quite the event, one I don't want to repeat! :)

3 comments:

Heather Jeppsen said...

Ya, I can't even believe that. That is crazy. Glad they're on the mend. Hope everything else is going well.

*Becky* said...

so sorry to have 2 broken arms! In a way it's fun for them to go through it together. Might make it easier. I have broken my Left wrist 6 times and my right once. I hope this doesn't happen to them. ;)

Jill said...

They look so cute with their matching casts! Good luck, casts are not a lot of fun. We miss you guys!